Built in 1628 the tower-house was burnt in 1689 to prevent its use as a Government garrison. Confiscated by the crown in 1716 after the Earl of Mar’s leadership of the 1715 rising, it was leased to the Government by the new owner and was occupied by Hanoverian troops whose graffiti can still be seen. The castle has been managed by the local community since 2006.
Opening hours. Admission charge.
Phone: 013397 41219