The oldest surviving townhouse in Aberdeen, built in 1545,named after one of its owners, Sir George Skene (1619-1708), a wealthy merchant and Provost of Aberdeen from 1676 to 1685. The house was used by Hanoverian troops as a billet during the Jacobite rebellion and the Duke of Cumberland stayed here on his way to Culloden.
Open seven days a week (2024). Admission free. Located in a pedestrian area with no on-street parking. The nearest car park is the NCP at Harriet Street, the Bon Accord shopping centre or Shiprow. Lots of bus routes to nearby Union St. The upper floors of the building are not accessible to wheelchair users or visitors with restricted mobility.
Telephone: 03000 200 293